SY306 12-week Exam Policy
- The exam focuses on the topics covered since the 6 weeks exam
- For this exam you may use the following (but these may not be shared with other students):
- Your course handouts (with your written notes)
- Other handwritten notes you have brought
- Your printed labs from this course
- You may not use:
- Any printed materials not specifically listed above
- No electronics such as calculators/computers/smart phones/tables are permitted.
SY306 12-week Exam Topics
- CGI and Python
- Input validation, cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks
- SQL: relational model, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, SELECT
- Connecting to MySQL from Python
- SQL injections
- Database security, GRANT, REVOKE
- Make sure you have a conceptual understanding of the above topics. In lab, you probably did a lot of trial and error until you got the solution right.
In this exam, you will need to look at a piece of code and predict it's behavior. The only way to do that is by understanding all concepts covered
- You should only have to consult your notes to double check on things you already know. You'll most likely run out of time if you spend the entire hour fumbling through notes
- Create an index to reference your notes. This will help you save time and also serve as an organized way to review notes
- Ensure you can complete all in-class exercises on your own
- Everything covered in class or lab is fair game.