Adam J. Aviv
Assistant Professor of Computer Science, United States Naval Academy
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the United States Naval Academy. I have broad research interests, primarily in the area of computer security/cybersecurity, privacy, and usable security. Recently, I have been focusing on human factors in mobile authentication and oblivious access in the cloud.
I am always looking for self-motivated and smart students to collaborated on a number of research projects in the domain of security and privacy. Feel free to contact me if you are interested or if you have any questions.
- New Conference Paper Accepted at NDSS'19
- Anrin Chakraborti, Adam J. Aviv, Seung Geol Choi, Travis Mayberry, Daniel S. Roche, Radu Sion. rORAM: Efficient Range ORAM with O(log^2 N) Locality. In the proceedings of Symposium on the Network and Distributed Systems Security (NDSS'19). Feb 2019. (ePrint)
- New Conference Paper Accepted at ACSAC'18.
- Adam J. Aviv, Flynn Wolf, Ravi Kuber, Comparing Video Based Shoulder Surfing with Live Simulation. In the proceedings of the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference. (arXiv)
- Journal Paper Published at JISA
- Flynn Wolf, Adam J. Aviv, Ravi Kuber, "It’s all about the start" classifying eyes-free mobile authentication techniques, Journal of Information Security and Applications, Volume 41, August 2018, Pages 28-40, ISSN 2214-2126, doi.org/10.1016/j.jisa.2018.05.004. (elsevier)
- We won Best Student Paper Award at EuroSys!
- John Sonchack, Adam J. Aviv, Eric Keller, and Jonathan M. Smith. 2018. Turboflow: information rich flow record generation on commodity switches. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth EuroSys Conference (EuroSys '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 11, 16 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3190508.3190558
- I'm serving on the following program committees. Consider Submitting!
Schedule Fall 2018
Scheduling Extra Instruction (EI): You are more than welcome to just drop by my office for EI whenever I'm around, but I cannot guarentee that I will be immediately available. The best way to schedule EI is by emailing me with a time that works best for you based on my teaching schedule below.
Please note that days that I'm not teaching (e.g., Tue/Thur), I may be conducting research off the yard, but even then, I can still provide EI via phone, gchat, or over email.