SI204: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SCIENCE, FALL 2001
DR. CHRISTOPHER BROWN, CDR TOM HOGAN, CDR PATRICK VINCENT, AND LT
- Course Coordinator
Assistant Professor Christopher W. Brown,
- Web-Based Material
The course homepage is at
and you are responsible for information and assignments that are
posted on this page. Expect new material after every lecture!
C++ Primer, 3rd Edition,
S. Lippman and J. Lajoie,
Addison Wesley, 1998.
- Extra Instruction
You are strongly encouraged to see your instructor for extra
instruction (EI) when you are having trouble with material.
The break-down on your final grades will be:
You are expected to follow the guidance given in:
A good summary of these as they apply to the CS Department is
provided in the Department of Computer Science Honor Information
Sheet. To summarize for this course:
- Honor Concept of the Brigade of Midshipmen, USNAINST 1610.3F
- Policies Concerning Graded Academic Work, USNAINST 1531.53
- Policy Concerning Graded Academic Work, COMPSCIDEPTINST 1531B
- All work on exams must be completely your own. No
references are allowed unless explicitly specified by the
- You may collaborate as much as you like on
homework, but the actual pencil-to-paper or fingers-to-keyboard
effort must be your own.
- You are expected to do your own work in designing, implementing,
and testing your programming project. The Department Honor
Information Sheet provides more detailed guidance under the
heading Programming Assignments.
Christopher W Brown