Marius Ionescu, Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics, Chauvenet Hall
United States Naval Academy
572C Holloway Road, Annapolis, MD 21402
- The University of Transylvania, Romania (June 1997)
- B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science
- The University of Transylvania, Romania (June 1998)
- M.S. in Mathematics, Probabilities and Statistics
- The University of Iowa, Iowa (July 2005)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics. Thesis: "Mauldin-Williams Graphs and C*-algebras”; Thesis advisor: Professor Paul S. Muhly.
- Assistant Professor, U.S. Naval Academy (Aug 2014 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, Colgate University (July 2010 - July 2014)
- Postodctoral Fellow, University of Connecticut (July 2008 - July 2010)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Cornel University (August 2007 - July 2008)
- John Wesley Young Research Instructor, Dartmouth College, (June 2005 – July 2007).
My research interests are in the field of harmonic and functional analysis. More specifically, my recent work involves projects in analysis on fractals, and the interaction between operator algebras and irreversile dynamical systems and wavelets. Please visit my Research page for more details about my research and a list of my publications.