Calculus III - SM221
Vector Calculus links:
Policy statement for SM221
Prof. David Joyner
Phone: X36738, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Mon 4th period, Tue 3rd, W 4th (Math lab), before school/lunch by appt.
Assigned homework will be weekly, as indicated in class. Late homework will not be accepted without excuse. We will also have quizzes as often as possible, ideally every two or three weeks. The tests will be as in the syllabus. Grading formulas:
Extra credit for calc 3: Watch all 35 of the videos on the MIT multivariable calculus website, and hand in 2 handwritten pages of notes per lecture. Due the Friday before the 12 week grades due date. Maximum credit is 3 percent added onto your final grade.
Additional resources for calc 3:
- USNA math tables
- Paul's online vector calculus notes
- a Sagemath worksheet on quadratic surfaces
- a Sagemath worksheet on surface plots
- old sm221 hourly and final exams
- old USNA lecture on 3-d coordinate systems:
- old USNA lecture on 3-d surface sketching:
- old USNA lecture on quadric surfaces, part 1:
- old USNA lecture on quadric surfaces, part 2:
- old USNA lecture on double integrals:
- old USNA lecture on triple integrals:
- A short tutorial on interchanging order of integration for a double integral
- Khan Academy modules on Calculus 3.