Open Topography/National Map Batch Download
Manipulation option on the download menu. This avoids
IT policy that prevents programs like USGS BDA program.
- Pick the TXT file.
- Pick (or create a new) directory for downloaded files.
- Files will be downloaded. If you must turn off the program, it can
resume where it left off automatically. If the file is already in the
download directory, it will not download again.
- You can track progress, with the file count and the file name, and the
success or failure.
- Some files may be missed, which may be a function of the server policies
where you are downloading. You should check that you got the number of
files, and if not, rerun. You might have to restart the program.
- Uncompress the files.
This works directly with the CSV file exported from the USGS TNM Download site
This needs some work; the format at Open Topographpy has changed from when
this was done.
- Pick data set you want.
- Pick the bulk download option.
- Get the HTML source for the page, and save it in a file.
- Extract the links from the file using the
Manipulation Edit, Extract file
- You might have to remove the first line.
- You might have to remove extraneous HTML in the links.
- Save file with TXT extension.
This might work with other data sets, if you can get a similar listing of the
files to be downloaded. You can copy the file list from the web page into
a spreadsheet, and then add the path, and export a text file.
Last revised 10/14/2018