Mechanisms Plot Options
Use with Plot single
focal mechanism on the map by clicking on the map toolbar.
On Table view for
focal mechanisms, pick Plot, and
then Earthquake focal mechanisms, then
- Use a constant size, or scale by one of the magnitude measures.
- Pick the radius in pixels of the beach balls.
- Pick the magnitude range for magnitude scaling.
- Use a constant, scale by one of the magnitude measures, or color by
- Pick the magnitude or depth range for color scaling.
You can set the size (in pixels) or the plots. If you plot by
magnitude, you can set the sizes for 3 and 10 which are somewhat beyond
the smallest and largest quakes in the data base. You can pick the plotting on maps:
- Color symbols color codes by fault type.
- Beach balls draws focal mechanisms
- Scale switch draws colored symbols at small scale, and focal
mechanism at large scale when the pixel size is less that the
Last revision 10/21/2014