Converting SPCS Shapefiles to Lat/long
Data Manipulation, then the Resample/Reproject
Shape file menu.
- You must correctly pick either a point database, or a
line/area shape file.
- Pick the state, and the correct zone
if the state has more than one, and the horizontal units.
- Pick the shape file to convert.
- Pick a name for the converted shape file. Appending an
"-ll" for "lat/long" can be helpful
as the original file is not changed. You can delete the original file
when you are sure you got the conversion correct.
- Pick the state and zone if required. If the state is not
listed, you picked the wrong projection type.
- Select database field with SPCS easting (x
- Select database field with SPCS northing (y
- The file will be converted.