Throughout the development of
TerraBase II, Mark Adams at Fort
Leonard Wood was the force behind the scenes in testing new
versions, suggesting enhancements, and generally stressing the
program before users encountered problems. With his moving
on to work with the Forest Service, all users of MICRODEM, and
especially those in the military, lost a key player in the
program's development. Mark is unlikely to be replaced in
all that he contributed. Without someone like him there cannot be
another release of TerraBase II.
Thanks to the following individuals for creating components or
code used in MICRODEM. Many of these credits do not include a link to a
website, because the original links are now broken.
- 7Zip: Igor Pavlov,
- AVI: modified from Thomas Schimming, email@example.com,
which was mainly a port of Mark Gamber's CAVI example
- Clustering code from Fred Edberg; 11/30/2002 (firstname.lastname@example.org) using K Means
- ColorBrewer color schemes from Cindy
- EPSG projections database:
- Disaster Response Map Symbols (DRMS), version 1.0 (beta), May 2009, Association of Volunteer Emergency Response Teams.
- GIF module: GifImage 2.1, Release: 4,
Date: 15-OCT-1998 Author(s): Anders Melander,
email@example.com; Filip Larsen, and Reinier Sterkenburg . Now
using the updated version from
http://www.tolderlund.eu/delphi/ by Finn Tolderlund.
- HTML Help: headers translated by Ron
Loewy, HyperAct, Inc. Last Update: Oct. 21, 1997
- Military Fonts, military TrueType™
fonts from Major Tom Mouat (
- isNAN and isInfinity tests for IEEE real numbers,
and a number of other routines, from Earl F. Glynn,
- pk3DConnexion to use 3DConnexion,
3DConnexion, A LogiTech company, from Patrick M. Kolla
- Satellite tracking code: NORAD
SGP4/SDP4 Units, Developed by Dr TS Kelso, Version
2.60, 1999 November 28
- TExpressionParser by: Egbert van Nes,
- Video MPEG for Pascal: commercial
component from M.S.B. Software,Via Romea Vecchia 67,
Classe,48100 Ravenna RA - ITALY,FAX/TEL
+39-0544-473589,CELL +39-339-2739548,WEB http://www.msbsoftware.it
MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com.
Because this did not survive in the Unicode world, it is now in the separate
movie player program.
- Indy components for Delphi from indyproject.org
for client/server network
We believe that our use of all these components fully complies
with their individual copyright provisions, and their listing
here acknowledges our debt to the authors of each component.
- Cadet K. Gorkowski wrote the first version
of the grid contouring algorithm for an independent study
project at West Point in 1985.
- Midshipman A. Brookhouse performed program
testing at Annapolis in August 2002.
- LTC Scott Loomer at USMA provided the
basic format for the imagery IDX headers, which are no longer
supported because of the rise of GEOTIFF imagery.
The following components have been removed, but
at one time each contributed to the program:
- AgBlend Component enabled Alpha Blending . Copyright (C) Agni Software Pvt. Ltd., 1998-2001. Delphi
now has this capability built in.
- VuMate. J.D. van Wees1,2 and G.P. Kok2,
1Netherlands Research School of Sedimentary
Geology, 2Department of Earth Sciences, Vrije
Universiteit, Amsterdam, wrote a 3D real
time animator once available as a plug in. This has now
been replaced by an OpenGL viewer native to MICRODEM.
- MPEG utility avi2mpg1
- netCDF header
translation by Sandia's Sandy Ballard and netCDF
- Geodetic Bearing: Bearing.Pas by Kurt
Spitzley, V1.0 Jan.99, email Kurt.Spitzley@rz-online.de.
- CYBERCOM OCX
from Lowrance Electronics, Inc. for Eagle/Lowrance GPS
- Joystick component: Paul van Dinther, firstname.lastname@example.org, diprode.com (link
- Twain module: twain.pas and scanner.pas
created by Uli Tessel, Matthias Thoma, and Martin Olsson.
- Targa code from Davie Reed, email@example.com,
downloaded from http://www.efg2.com/Lab
(Earl F. Glynn)
- used to use dEXIF 2001, 2002 Gerry McGuire (links dead, but
then found version v1.03d, from 2006); did not like move to Unicode
- PNG code: Gustavo Huffenbacher Daud firstname.lastname@example.org (http://pngdelphi.sourceforge.net/
appears to be inactive, and we had to modify the code for Unicode, and PNG
support became native in Delphi).
- CPU Speed: modified from routine in CPU
Speed 1.0, Erik Salaj, email@example.com
- Serial port module (for GPS): ComPort version (4.0) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/comport/
Alternative might be
- OpenGL CgLib, Version 1.00, (c)
1998-1999 Tom Nuydens
- Zarko Gajic, BSCS: ScreenThief -
stealing screen shots over the Network http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa012004a.htm
A free network screen shot grabber application, with
source code, which formed the basis the client/server network grid option
- Google Earth embedded in a window: David Hawk, at
last revised 12/5/2016