GIS Database Options Tab
Tab on options form,
brought up from Options choice on program menu.
- GIS label first time: if there is a default label, the GIS
records will be labeled the first time drawn.
- Avoid text overwriting
- Plot on all maps
- Save data base status: current
- Track database ranges: a linked database will be created with the
max/min in each field, which can be used to greatly speed up color coding
of the map with database fields.
- Auto enhance shape files: should be set.
This adds the bounding box to each record in the dbf
file, and allows queries and filters using the database
- Show second data base toolbar
- Show boundaries of colored regions
- Relabel on map redraw
- Autoassign label field
- Use DB colors for labels font
- Clear secondary indexes: when your sort the database in a display
table, it will create indexes which can become large files. You can
clear these to save disk space, at the cost of time when you go to sort
- Area: the fill pattern used by default for area shapefiles.
- Outline selections: outlines selected regions after you are done
picking them. Works with outlines of rectangular and irregular regions
on the Map query.
- Add MASK field when merging shape
files, with the number of mask fields to create
- Always show coordinate edits
- GIS edits: unless this is set,
you cannot edit the database.
Even when set, you must also check the checkbox on the
table display window to verify that you really want to
edit the data. unless you pick "Always allowed".
- Min integer field size: when creating a new database, this will be the
minimum size. Unless you will create very large databases, this should be
larger than you think you will need, to avoid problems when you later want
to add or edit records with a larger value.
- Default points: the point symbol to use for the first data base
to be opened.
- Text as separate layer: this may lead to artefacts
around some letters.
- Quick shape file definitions. Determines whether you must define
fields when you digitize a shape file, or get a quick default which you can
modify later by adding fields.
- Multiple filters for DB graphs:
- Start STAT graphs with reversed y-axis (this is automatic the the Y axis
field is DEPTH or DEPTH_*)
- Show shapefile donut message
- Create 3D shapefiles: if set, and there is a DEM on the map which you
are creating the shapefile from, it will be a 3D shapefile.
- Save intermediate DBFs: when you edit a database by
adding fields, there is a potential for corruption. If this is
selected, a backup will be created in the same directory, with ''old_db_file_'
at the start and "~.bak" at the end of the file name. There is an
option of the Data
Manipulation form, Delete menu, to clean these out when you
are sure that you do not need them.
Last revision 6/28/2013