Double Clicking on DB Field Name
Can also be selected with Stats button on
display window but in that case you have to select the field.
- Field statistics (min, max, mean, median, etc.)
- Longest string
- List unique values
- Count unique values
- Frequency table
- Sort field: for numeric fields only, this produces a popup with
the values in the field sorted. For string fields, use list unique
- Search and replace: replace one string with another, only for string
- Fill field--place the same value in all records.
If the database if filtered only the current subset will be operated on.
- Color all records: if there is a COLOR field, you can fill it for all selected
records with a single color. By changing the filter you can get
- Change field type
- Integer to string
- String to integer, only if the length of the field < 12 since DBF files
do not handle very long integers
- Rename field
- Delete field
- Trim field length: some databases have really long fields, usually
for strings, and often use only a tiny fraction of the allocated length.
This makes it hard to see any other fields. If you trim the field
to the length of the longest record, it can be much easier to manipulate
the database. However, if you want to later edit the field values,
you cannot increase the length.
- Limit decimal places: if there are too many decimal places, you can
pick a reasonable number which makes viewing the data easier.
- String manipulation
- Remove lower case characters
- Remove numerical characters
- Remove final character
- Remove entire string if substring present
- Remove substring and following characters
- Trim blanks
- Add file extension: pick a file extension, and if the
string does not end witht that extension, it will be added to
- Extract file name
- Sort table: sorts entire table based on this field. This will
create an MDX file to go with the database. You can purge these when
the data closes if you choose to pick the option on the
of the options form.
- Quick filter
- KML export filtered by values
Last revised 11/10/2017