- Record display.
In addition to the text for each records, graphics will also be displayed.
- Earthquake focal mechanism: requires
Harvard CMT project database
IMAGE field present. You can bring up an image (BMP, PNG, TIF, GIF,
or JPEG) stored in the same directory as the database. If
the file is a GIF, it will appear in a window that can
play animated GIFs. The program will attempt to load
other files (like MPEGs, WAVs, etc.) using the program
set as the default in Windows.
Climograph--Koppen climate classification
- Edit record options,
requires edit enabled:
You can also Color
multiple records from the edit button on the toolbar.
- Record edit: You will get a pop up
window with the record, and can edit it.
- Edit point location (graphical):
requires point database, and edit enabled. If available,
you can then double click a location on the map.
If the point verification (Verify Graphical
Selections, on the coordinates table of the
options form) is set to verify all or reasonable,
you will have to verify the selected points,
either graphically in a small blowup window or
via the keyboard. After selecting the point, and
verifying it if necessary, you can double click
on records in the data base to change their
locations. This option currently only works for
data bases which include LAT and LONG fields, and
not for Shape files.
- Edit line/perimeter
(graphical): for line/area database.
- Edit Point symbol: for point shapefiles
- Edit Font
- Edit line weight and color for line shapefiles
- Edit fill pattern for area shapefiles
- Keyboard new point location: for point
- Insert new
record at distance/bearing
- Distance to other records:
- Associate image: requires an
IMAGE field, and you can pick
the image to associate with the record.
- Delete record:
- Color record
- Recenter map on record
- Zoom map to record
- Highlight record on map
- Record coordinates: gets a listing of the coordinates
for the record. This will be in lat/long or UTM, depending on your
choice of coordinates on the
Units tab of the
- Record screen coordinates: There is also a "Coordinates to text file"
option the the Report tab.
- Record bounding box
- Calculate Line length:
- Calculate area:
- Calculate perimeter:
- Calculate volume
- Calculate centroid:
- Distance to other records
- LVIS waveform: You must have
prepared LVIS Level 2 ASCII data.
- Show neighbors: requires that neighbors
have been computed and stored.
WWW or URL field present. Bring up the web
browser with the selected page.
- Associate image
- Load Options to load data
- Monthly winds
- Mask DEM/Grid: for an area shapefile, marks as missing
all grid points not within the current record.
- Export line to point database: creates a point DBF file with LAT, LONG,
ELEV_M, and DIST_KM. This allows you to see and manipulate the
coordinates of the line.
- Create DEM
- Options for weapons fans edits:
- Edit Fan properties:
- Edit fan color
- Data statistics
- Clipboard operations-- programs other than MICRODEM cannot
use this feature. Move record locations from one file to another.
- Copy record coordinates to clipboard. Point records can be
pasted on this menu to modify a record, while new records can be inserted on
the Edit menu.
- Paste coordinates from clipboard. This works only for
points and modifies the current record.