Data Base Table Stats
Options on popup menu from
Stats button on
- Some options will be available only for
certain types of database files.
- Some options will also be available by
clicking on field name .
- All statistical operations will use the
- Count unique values: for a string field, the number of unique
- List unique values: for a string field, a memo box with the
unique entries in alphabetical order.
- List non-numeric values
- Frequency table
- Longest string
- Single field
- Select fields
- All fields
- Mean/STD all DBs
- Field percentiles
- Statistics grouped by one field:
- Field correlations matrix
- Centroid separations:
- Find neighbors
- Area record statistics
- Multipart records
- Records with holes
- Principal components
- Heat map
- Field co-occurrence matrix
- 1 series
- 2 series
- 3 series
- All DBs--each database, which has the same field as the one selected, will
be plotted as a separate series on the histogram.
- Rose diagram
- Ternary Diagram
- Area geomorphometry stats:
for area/polygon shapefile, compute statistics for each area.
- Earthquake Focal mechanisms: requires a
Harvard CMT project database
file. Only select for a limited subset.
- Structural geology
- Geomorphometry stats (each polygon).
Map on which DB was opened must have the DEM you want to use to compute the
- Geomorphometry stats (each point neighborhood). Map on which DB
was opened must have the DEM you want to use to compute the statistics.
- Koppen latitude stats
- 2D graph: If
the points are in order and should be connected, you could also use the
- 3D graph:
- 3D slicer
- Bar graph
- Line length: computes the sum of the length for each field
- Line lengths for one field
LOS/Topo profile: if the database has fields LAT, LONG, LAT2, and LONG2,
Line of sight /Topographic
Profile all DEMs; if the database has fields LAT, LONG, LAT2, and LONG2,
Multiple DEM profiles
- Terrain profiles
- All profiles normalized
- All normalized profiles (density)
- Each profile separately
- Cycle through terrain profiles
- Lat Profiles, ground and canopy
- Long profiles, ground and canopy
- Lat profiles, color from date
- Clean up ICESat-2 files
- Lidar to analyze global DEMs.
This option is
experimental and subject to change.
- Plot all XY files
- Feature statistics
- Trend surface
- Time series
- Supervised classification
- Multiple linear regression:
- Requires database with
- FIELD--name of field in the database
- Can create with Matlab
- Creates new field PREDICTED, and fills with the value
- Link/join data base
- Multiple field quick filter
Multiple graph matrix
- Extract DEMIX tile DEMs: for each record in the database, extracts
the DEMs from the map library and subsets them to the extent of the
- Points to check vertical datum shift: creates a database with 5
points for each record (four corners and center). CSV of the DB
can be used at VDATUM online to find the datum shifts.
Elevations at bench marks
Last revision 6/30/2020