When you download data:
- Note where you save it. A simple path will be easiest to find the
- Do not save to the desktop or My Documents.
- Do not save to a network path, or if you do, copy a version for local
use. Some operations, such as those with large databases, will run 100
times slower over the network path. Do them locally on the local hard
disk, and then copy the files to the network drive if others need to access
- If it is a Zip file, you can use MICRODEM, or the Windows utilities.
Right click on the file, and pick from the popup menu, Open with, compressed
- If you have Unix compression, MICRODEM will be best.
- MICRODEM can directly open some ZIP files, but you might have to place the files
in the correct location so that they can be identified.
Last revision 8/25/2011