These options are under active development. Be aware of the following limitations:
- Documentation may not be current or complete.
- Data required may not be readily available.
- Option could be removed at any time if we decide it is not working or worth fixing.
- Option may require conditioning of the data, using other programs.
Comparing Global DEM with Lidar
New version grids from point clouds
Experimental options on the menu of the data manipulation form:
- Under active development
- File names, directories, and DB
fields are hard coded, and in some cases it would be difficult to generalize the
- May have very little applicability beyond very specific
- If they turn out to be useful, they will be generalized
and moved elsewhere in the program
The current options include:
- Merge CSV files. Operates on two directories. The files must have
matching names, and the same number of lines, and no header line. The contents
of the two files will be combined in a single file with a comma separator.
- Cloud compare. Adds Roughness and Gaussian curvature. The column
labels will have to be repaired when the operation is done.
CSV to DBF: batch conversion, works with many (hundreds) of files. If the files
do not have a header line, you will be asked to enter it for the first file, and
then all the other lines will use the same header.
- Histograms by
class: create histograms of several fields, for each class in the database. BMPs
stored in the directory.
- Add colors: add color field to the
databases, using a join table (e.g. with the LAS color codes)
maps: makes a BMP with a map view of each table, colored by the COLOR field.
- Stats by class: for each file, computes basic statistics for each
- Add ground classified points: adds to the database the
ground classified points, where they only have X,Y,Z ASCII lines in a file (for
instance from CSFDemo_v2)
The following options have not been updated recently:
last revision 10/22/2021