On Stats button popup menu on Database table
For a Point database:
For an area database:
- Adds new field to database
- Enter a neighborhood distance in meters.
- Finds the number of points in circular neighborhood. (point itself counts for 1)
- Creates a string grid with neighbors. Pick unique
field identifier which will link/join the two tables. The algorithm uses a graphical procedure at the
resolution of the screen map, and if the neighbors are very small regions, it
can include second neighbors. To avoid this you should blow up the map.
- For a large data base, you once could run out of memory. This is
probably not likely with the 64 bit program.
- Saves the results in a CSV file with the prefix "NEIGH_" in
front of the file name, and converts it to a DBF file which can be
used for neighborhood operations stored with
Database accessory files.
- Can add average neighbor value field (in
Field arithmetic, on Edit button).
- Can show the neighbors (right click on record
in database, and pick from popup menu).
Last revision 12/12/16