Setting Map Size
The map size can be set as follows:
- The default size on start up is set on the options
form, on the Maps
tab and the Vector maps tab.
- For DEM maps there are two distinct
- Set a maximum size, with the defaults
size button (Maps
tab). The map will be smaller than this in one dimension, to keep proper
scaling. This will be the default when the program first opens, and
the size will be a fraction of the screen size so that the DEM fills most of
the screen without any scroll bars.
- Set a zoom factor, with the check box
and edit box (Maps
tab). 100% is 1:1 view,
50% is every other column in every other row, and so on. If the data
spacing is unequal, such as in a lat/long DEM, this will be approximate (but
- You can adjust the size when a map is open with the Zoom in (makes the map larger with the same coverage area), 1:1
view, and Zoom out (makes the map smaller with the same
coverage area), buttons on the
- The Modify, Map size menu choice
lets you change the map size.
- The File, Match other maps menu
choice lets you have all the open maps have the same coverage area and
scaling, if they cover the same area..
If the size is too big to fit on screen, you will have scroll bars to move
around and navigate.
Last revision 7/10/2007