Maps Options Tab
This tab is on the options form,
brought up from the Options menu selection.
- Default display: what the program displays when it opens
- Default size: size for maps when opened. This will be a maximum; one dimension
will be decreased to keep the correct scaling.
- Max map size: in pixels.
- Map memory check (MB): ask before displaying maps larger
than this size. You will have to pan to see these maps,
so you might prefer to subset before blowing up the map.
- DEMs open at Zoom and pick the zoom level which
control the map size.
- Blow up extra margin (m): used for some maps, such as when
using high-resolution DEMs for intervisibility
- Missing data color
- Box around quick clipboard exports.
- Contour: set contour
- Preserve map aspect ratio: force the map to have a specified aspect
- Aspect: set the aspect ratio desired for maps
- Key locations: point symbol to use for key locations plotted on the amp
- Gray scale merges:
- Allow scale bars, small scale maps: by default the program will not draw
a scale bar for a small scale map where the scale could change significantly
in different areas. You can override this, and get a scale bar that
should be accurate at the center of the map.
- Pan buttons: show the pan buttons on the map windows, and the degree of
overlap when panning
- Blow up size (degrees):
- No DEM interpolations: This will force DEM interpolations
to use the nearest grid posting, and not interpolate between points.
It might be marginally faster, and it does show the pixel nature of DEMs
which is obscured by interpolation. There is no good reason to use
Last revision 11/18/2017