Windows Menu Structure
MICRODEM is designed with a standard Windows MDI interface. A
parent window fills the screen, and child windows can be arranged
on it. A toolbar on the top of the
screen reflects the major options. Each child window will have
its own toolbar. The toolbars can be hidden using the options
menu. The main menu across
the top changes to reflect the options available in the currently
active child window, indicated by a blue highlight. The options
will also vary according to the menu structure for the version of
the program you are running.
Right click on the map popup menu
The following choices may appear on the main menu. Some
require that data be loaded. The contents of some menus will
change depending on the active child window.
- File: selects new data sets,
printing and save the image in the active window, and close the current
window. This menu also selects new data sets.
- Modify: change parameters that define the image in the
currently active window. These will vary with the contents of the
- Overlay: plot additional information
on the active map window.
- Calculate: perform calculations from
the digital data.
(requires the cartography options to be enabled).
- Raster GIS: operations
on a gridded, raster GIS data set (a.k.a. a DEM)
- Image analysis--satellite
- Info, information on
the map, pixel size and percentage of the data displayed.
- Database: open a vector GIS database.
- View: create another view of the
current data set in another window.
- Analyze: do analyses of the data.
- Oceanographic data: plot CTD or light meter data. There
is also an option to import MEDS file format CTD data
- Point Clouds.
- Register an image
- Options: set various program
- Window: arrange the open
windows on the screen, select the active window, or save/restore
- Help: access the on line help, or
check on system resources.
Last revision 2/3/2021