New in Version
Version 6.0 was fielded in August 2002 with:
- New geology options: plotting of earthquake focal mechanisms
(beach balls), ternary diagrams, stratigraphic columns, plate
rotations and reconstructions.
- Greatly improved display of the 130 MB Smith & Sandwell
predicted bathymetry data set.
- Display HGT and ERR files from SRTM.
- USGS database includes SRTM and ASTER DEMs.
- Import and display NASA Blue
Marble 1 km scale global imagery. JPEG compressed version that
requires 260 MB with little degradation in image quality.
- Indexes for gazetteers and shape file databases.
- Variable opacity
merges of imagery.
- VRML file generation.
- TIN creation and display.
- Graphical edits of line/area
- Live flying can look out the side or rear of the
aircraft, instead of only straight ahead.
- Batch loading of files allowed in many cases, such as
loading of shape file overlays.
- Geosym pattern editor.
- Index VPF shape files.
- Greatly improved options for map layout prior to
- New Panorama view, and
improved location of points on the perspective views.
No longer supported:
- On the fly merge of 10m
and 30 m DEMs using USGS
Last revision 5/29/2015