Version 6.01 was fielded in fall 2002 to
fix minor bugs in 6.0 with some additional
enhancements appeared. Several versions appeared, differentiated by the build number.
Version 6.02 was an interim version during the
first three months of 2003. Several versions appeared, differentiated by the build number.
Version 6.03 was finalized, but had quick
maintenance releases to fix minor problems.
- 14.43 4/4/2003: first final
- 14.44 4/14/2003:
fixed problem loading RPF in certain circumstances
- 14.45 4/15/2003:
fixed problem loading DEMs as CD import or reindexing of
- 14.46 4/22/2003:
fixed problems that loading scanned maps did not show the
correct file types
- 14.47 5/12/2003:
fixed problem importing some VPF (VMAP0) to shape files,
and incorrect reading of missing data in SRTM DTED
This was the last (5/12/2003)
version of Terra Base II.
- Read and display 3D
shapefiles, no use of Z coordinates (9/9/02)
- Save in DTED format
can be forced to full one degree cells for intolerant
commercial programs (9/19/2002).
- New viewshed/weapons fan algorithm (radial IHS)
- Label Panorama with peaks from
gazetteer files. Note the limited accuracy of
both the USGS and NIMA gazetteers.
- Label peaks and other features
from gazetteer files on maps.
- Pan buttons on the
map, which can be turned on/off on the maps tab of the
- Improved scaling
options for a topographic profile.
- Improved scaling in
- Distances can be
displayed in miles rather than metric, and scale bars can
be in metric or miles. Select with a checkbox on the
units tab of the options form.
- Read and save
images as PNG files.
- Save DEMs in USGS
ASCII format, from the file, save DEM menu choice.
- Save viewshed radials in ASCII text files.
- Improved graphical DEM edits.
- Improved creation of world files for
- Greatly improved
internal saving of movies as MPEGs.
- Ability to
graphically drag military icons and general icons on the map.
- Ability to create map overlays with vector data, and
graphically drag them on the map.
- Ability to calculate the required height of
an antenna to achieve line of sight.
- Cartography option
to open multiple projections at the same time.
- Option to create a rotating earth movie.
New data options:
- Location positions
on the map with PLSS coordinates, and
overlay PLSS grid.
- Read 1/3" NED
- Use NLCD data from USGS.
- Save RPF image merges in ASCII
with list of frames. Can reopen RFM file.
- Country GIS from NIMA.
- Improved options with TM7 data, in Geotiff format, one
band per file.
- Read Geotiff with 4
bands of imagery in a single file (e.g. SPOT)
- Read Landsat Fast format. (10/8/2002)
- Save RPF merges in RFM text file is no longer
- Save satellite
imagery as Geotiff (unenhanced, multiple bands), in
addition to MICRODEM format.
- Improved Blue Marble 1 km global imagery options.
- Changed handling of
structural geology data and gravity stations (9/28/2002)
- Point parameters (10/4/2002)
- Digitize structural
geology symbols online (10/29/2002)
Preview Capabilities--meaning you can
display imagery, but not manipulate it.
- Terrasever DOQQs and DRGs (US only).
- JPL TM imagery (CONUS only)
Changes to data formats:
New Header format
Last revision 5/29/2015