New in MICRODEM
Version 7.0 was first fielded as an alpha version in April 2003.
Version 7.01 appeared in July 2003, and interim
minor incremental builds were made regularly. It was always
regarded as an alpha version.
General new options or improvements:
- TIGER button on main
program toolbar loads vector map of a single county
(must be enabled on the options
menu form, Menu choices
- New format for TIGER
- Option to download Garmin
and import Magellan waypoints.
- Changed where some of the standard
US databases need to go (Counties and USGS 24K quads), and
automatic drawing of the counties, states, and Fenneman
- Previews of map color schemes (elevation, slope, reflectance) when picking
- Interactive selection of reflectance
- Should be able to load imagery first, and then the DEM,
and the DEM will be associated with the imagery when you
select an option that requires a DEM.
- OpenGL remembers some settings in program
defaults, has slider bars for interactive light
adjustment, and fixed some lighting problems that correct
sun orientation was not set. Improved OpenGL 3D controls.
- GMT used to grid irregular XYZ
- Improved entry of slope categories.
- Downhill drainage direction
overlays and other improvements to drainage basin
- Improvements to Trend
- Volume computations with difference
- Floating point DEMs
- PolarView extension,
to use MICRODEM with Geowall.
- Improved results working
with multiple monitors.
New data import options:
Changes for large DEMs:
bathymetry can now load
the entire data set.
- No longer asks about thinning or subsetting DTED2 but
Changes for Imagery:
last revision 8/18/2015