What's New in MICRODEM
Version 9.0 first appeared in September
2005. It was compiled under Delphi
2005. It was replaced with Version 10 in June
General new options or improvements:
- Integrated database
- SRTM water bodies
- Mark as missing the water
bodies in the SRTM data set.
- Avoid text
- SPCS DEMs (Geotiff and ASC
- Index ADRG: copy all files on the CD into c:\mapdata\indexed_data\adrg\,
with each CD in a separate subdirectory. Then run
an index, and open using index button.
- Option to set missing values during DEM import. Set on Import/Export tab
of options form.
- Option to set the
color scheme used for numeric coding of a data base.
- Documented linking of data bases
to color from numeric fields.
- Maps of
curvature tendency and direction on the Display parameters menu
- Revised options to set parameters for elevation and reflectance maps, especially to set the z range
- Documented how to get
multiple OpenGL views covering the same area.
- New option for hillshading
of map, which works better for DRGs than the old
method, on revised Map shading options form accessed
on the "Modify" menu and on a right mouse
- Roads from the National Atlas added to the list of US properties that can be
automatically overlaid on a map.
- Viewer tab on perspective
options form that allows adjusting the viewer's location on
- Shape file groups
allows filtering files.
- Option to put an "All.datum" (datum file) in a
directory with a number of JPEG or other imagery files with
world files. You should open
a file and let the program create a DATUM file for it, and then manually copy
that file to "ALL.DATUM". The .DATUM file replaces other files which
depended on the type of imagery (but did not work with MrSid imagery).
- Alpha blend a
photograph that matches a perspective view.
- Documented editing
a DEM with a shape file, and new option to flatten
- Improved Koppen climate
- Option to assess the
affect of region size on computed slope.
- Paste bitmap onto a map (e.g. put in a legend from a
database, which is now plotted in a new window):
- Copy the bitmap to the clipboard, using standard
windows techniques. MICRODEM windows may do
this with with a right click, or an icon on the
toolbar, or on the File menu..
- Right click on the map, and pick the paste from
- Pick whether you want
- Replace the image on the map if the bitmap covers the entire
- Pick the location to paste the bitmap
- Move the bitmap with the mouse to the desired
- Right click.
- Paste legend onto a graph
- Select the legend button on the graph toolbar (last button on the
- Select the option to paste onto the graph instead of putting it on a
- Drag to the location you want.
- Option to locate spires and pits.
- Improved satellite band manipulation,
including negative images and image sums.
- Hyperspectral imagery
- Improved records labels of GIS data
- Major enhancement to basin flooding/sea
level rise/storm surge.
- Improved linking data bases
- New option to filter a database with an irregularly shaped map area.
- Improved options for display for earthquake
- Option on the Calculate menu to draw great circles through a point and
small circles about a point.
- Option to put labels from two fields in
a database on the map
- Terrain category legends show the percentage
of the current map area in each category.
- Import Harvard earthquake centroids
using new NDK format.
- Direct viewing of MrSid
- New options for coloring a database with field values.
Complete record of changes to the
Last revision 8/18/2015