- Entire DEM, MD DEM: save entire DEM in MICRODEM format.
- Current subset, MD DEM: save
portion of DEM on current map area in MICRODEM format.
Use this if you have a very large DEM, and want
to use only a small portion of it. It will take
up less memory and disk space, and load faster.
- Pick corners, MD DEM: select the region to save
using the keyboard
- Portion of DEM with data
- GeoTIFF: Missing values will have value defined for
Nulls set for DTED
export. The file will be saved with the same number of bits as the
DEM. You can force the DEM to have the number of bits you
desire with the Pick DEM bits option.
- ASCII XYZ
- USGS ASCII:
- ASCII Arc Grid: this has no information about
the datum or projection.
export to NGA format.
- BIL produces five files, .HDR, .PRJ, .BLW,
.STX, and .BIL. Format
used by USGS Seamless Server. Only available for
- Grid float: produces three files, .HDR, .PRJ, and .FLT.
Format used by USGS Seamless Server. Only available for
- DBF: save as dBase table. You can select a thinning
factor to cut down on the size of the file, and max/min values to
A thinning factor of 2 will give a file about 1/4 the size of
the original. There will be limits on how large a grid this
will work with.
- GeoJSON-G: saved in ASCII GeoJSON, and then BZ2 compressed.
- Caveat emptor: These are not tested regularly (meaning it
has been years since they have been checked), and will not be
- 3d (OBJ):
- 16-big BSQ
- Surfer grid
- Reinterpolate DEM: resample entire DEM.
- Blank grid new resolution, UTM or lat/long. This will have
the same effect as reinterpolating, and setting the entire grid to
- Pick DEM bits: select an appropriate mode, as
the grid with be rounded and clipped to the specified range.
- bytes: 0-255
- integer 16: -32K to 32K,
- word: 2 byte, 0 to 64K
- floating point: 4 byte IEEE float
- Create image to match DEM: creates a new map window with
the same dimensions and projections as the DEM, and interpolates an
image. This will not have any overlays and will not remember
how to redraw itself; if you want that, save this image (File,
Save map as image).