To digitize and then display a
- Open map display window.
map view (best resolution view of
the data). Accuracy of the digitizing is limited by the pixel size
on screen, so insure you have the image as large as possible.
- If you want to control the point symbol used for digitizing
points, set "Default Points" option on
of Options form
Annotate Map icon on
toolbar, to activate popup
- Pick type of shape file:
- track: points, but allows you skip
- Map outline
- XYZ points shapefile
- Points along survey lines: pick line end points, and the
point spacing, and the program will create a points shape
file with points along the line.
- Pick name for
- Depending on the choice set for quick definitions set on
tab of options form.
- Digitizing can use
two modes, either
point (double click to set each point) or stream mode (drag with
the mouse down). Change modes by right clicking while
- Digitize a feature. For the line and area, end
digitizing by right clicking and picking to end from the popup
menu. This will close the polygon by snapping back to the
- Enter values
into database table. The name is required.
- Continue digitizing until all features are completed, when you
should pick the option to close the record and the database.
Until then you continue digitizing after each record.
- If you select another option in the middle of digitizing, you
may lose your work.
File will automatically open when you finish
digitizing (as if you used Database button), and show
database display table. You
can add fields and fill them.
The accuracy with which you can digitize depends on two factors:
- Pixel size of map on screen. This is the best resolution you
can obtain, unless you use point verification with the digitization.
- Your own accuracy in selecting points. Fat
fingers on the touchpad are less precise than a mouse.
Excel to CSV to dBase in
MICRODEM can create point shapefiles.
You can later Merge shapefiles.