- NOAA soundings at http://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/bathymetry/
- Turn on data in "NOS Hydrographic Surveys".
- Zoom in on map.
- Outline box via the Identify button
- Pick a survey by its ID
files can be read via GDAL, and contain very
nice grids. You can download directly.
- Get sounding data:
- in XYZ
format, which requires making a request and awaiting download directions via
email. Decompress the GZ file, and convert to
a DBF file. Except for the delay to
get the data extracted, this is marginally easier to use
than the hyd93 format.
hyd93 format (.a93 extension), which is an ASCII file that needs only
reading the format metadata and a small amount of cleanup in Matlab or Excel to import
as a CSV in MICRODEM.
- NOAA Soundings probably will not have a minus sign. You should multiply them
Import to MICRODEM Vector database
- If the file has a header row, the conversion can be done:
Import to MICRODEM Grids
Last revision 11/15/2018