On the Calculate Menu. This option allows you to digitize a profile from a map
on screen. This could be a stream profile, pipeline route, or
another similar use.
Take the following steps:
- Open the map upon which you want to digitize, and blow it
up so that you can clearly see the entirety of the route.
- Select Calculate, Stream Profile.
- Digitizing can use either
point (double click to set each point) or stream mode (drag with
the mouse down). Change modes by right clicking while
- Select the first point on the profile.
- When done, right click on the map and pick the first option to end the
- The program creates a database with the profile
When complete, the program will produce a graph of the route.
create a line shape file can save the the location
of your selections. You can then draw the Terrain profile from the Table view of
the database that goes with the shape file.
Last revision 8/6/2021