Sum Records Matching Single Field
Option on the Sum submenu of the
Stats button on the table
- The input database had a list of tornadoes, with the
FIPS code for
the county where each occurred.
- The table provides an entry for each county by
FIPS code, which is the first selection you
- You next pick the field to sum, in this case the Fatalties.
- The table gives the number of tornadoes in the data base, and
the total number of fatalities.
- You can save this as a CSV file, and then import that as a database.
- You could Link/join data base to a
- You could then plot the number of tornado fatalities per county.
Last revision 11/22/2008