Contour Map Options
Window allows you to select the variable
parameters for the contour map, which you can start in several ways:
Options available include:
- Contour interval: distance between contour
- Regular: no effect if ChromaDepth
colors are selected. Contours not otherwise
colored will be in this color.
- Overlay: when overlaying contour lines on a map
or satellite image, only one color will be
- High index: the highest index contour line can be
a distinctive color.
- Index: every fifth contour line can be a
- Low index: the lowest index contour line can be a
- Zero: if present in the area, the zero contour
line (often sea level) can be a different color.
- Contour colors:
- Specified: different colors for the 5 categories
on the right
- Single: only one color.
if selected, the contour lines will be
colored from highest to lowest on the map
with a rainbow range of colors from blue
(lowest) to red (highest). Because of the
black background, this option is not
recommended if you want to print the
- Contour line width:
- Label contours: only label contours
for small maps. It can take forever on large
maps because of the need to connect the contour line segments.
- Index contour width.
- Export contour lines in
Selecting OK will draw the contour map with the selected
parameters; cancel will abort the contour operation.
For overlaying contours on another map, only the contour
interval and the Overlay contour line color are available.
Last revised 11/14/2014