Open Satellite Imagery or
To load a satellite image, there are two icons and the File menu:
Satellite imagery can be
Contrast enhanced You can open by:
- Picking a folder: this works with
Landsat, Sentinel-2 and
Planet imagery. This
allows you to have multiple images in a single directory, and rapidly
pick the image desired. This is particularly effective for Sentinel-2
where the image files are buried many levels deep.
- Picking a file. For multi-file multispectral imagery, picking
one file selects the entire scene. Use this option for Landsat Look.
- Select which you want on the options form.
- If you have the wrong option, if you cancel the open operation, you
can change the option.
- Review how the
open process works to troubleshoot problems.
Scanned maps cannot
- From the File menu, Open submenu
Modify the imagery display by right clicking on the
Image analysis menu has options
applicable only to imagery.
Map library can be used to select imagery and other data via a graphical
Last revision 3/18/2021