Data Manipulation Window
The data manipulation window is accessible only from the main
program file menu option or the main program toolbar. It presupposes a degree of
knowledge about the data and some options may not be completely
error trapped. Opening most data sets no longer disables this window, but
you should be very careful not to change an open data set.
This is a modal window; you must close it to revert to the
other program options.
It allows the following options:
- File (to close window)
- Import: convert data
into formats the program can use.
- Export: move data to
format for other programs.
- Subset: create a smaller data set covering a
- LAS file: recursively quarter the LAS file, until all parts are
smaller than specified size. Depending on the aspect of the
data set, it will be in corner quarters, or 4 tiles in the NS or EW
- DEMs: this lets you pick the corner coordinates, and subset a number
of DEMs. You might use this for a series of lidar grids over timel
- Mask DEMs: Pick a DEM to use as the mask, and then a number of
DEMS to mask. All points in the DEM to mask, for which there is
not a valid point in the DEM to use as the mask, will be removed.
The masked DEMs will be stored in a "masked" directory, with just the
region with valid data.
- Thin: only option here
is to thin an ASCII file.
- Resample: Many of these require
to be installed.
- Delete: remove project, DEM,
movie, or KML files from you hard disk. This will remove all
Last revised 1/15/2018