Overlay submenu from main map window allows plotting additional data in the
active map window. The underlying map will not be erased first.
If the window is redrawn, the overlay material may not be
Table of contents to control display of databases on
- GADM: only appears if you have placed data in the
- Grid Posts
- Grid points from second grid. Must be an open grid.
- Valid points, Locations only: show the locations with solid symbols.
Uses the Key Location symbol selected on the Maps
tab of the options form
- Valid points, Values: show colors from the second grid.
- Contours from second grid
- All contours
- Single contour
- Map annotation
- Terrain categories:
overlay terrain matching specified characteristics for
slope, elevation, and aspect.
- Range circles: concentric
circles about a selected point at specified distances.
- Clear range circles.
- Vector outlines
- Altimeter tracks (MGT option)
- Key latitudes: shows equator, tropics of Cancer and
Capricorn, and Arctic and Antarctic circles.
- DEM shading on vector map--allows an exact
projection with the DEM. You are likely to have to reselect this
option if you redraw the map.
- DEM elevation colors
- DEM reflectance
- Sector outlines
- DEM Name
- Imagery (KML, KMZ, world files)
- Two map interactive comparisons
- OpenGL, drape on another DEM. When the map is a grid with some computed
value, you can drape it on an actual DEM with elevations.
- Overlays variable opaque
- Clear overlays
- Map library coverage
- Curvature categories
- Ransac plane
- LAS point clouds
Last revision 5/8/2018