- DEMs with a projection file will behave differently in some cases, and
this page describes steps to take with them. This has been tested with
Lidar DEMs from Antarctica with a conic projection, but might also apply to
- To subset these DEMs: File, Save DEM, current subset, Microdem format
like any other DEM. This goes through the following steps:
- File, Create DEM to Match map, and pick either:
- Lat/Long and Pick the arc second data spacing. This will be
radically different in meters in x and y in high latitudes, but MICRODEM
should have no problems.
- UTM and pick the data spacing in meters.
- Edit, DEM holes, Fill holes from reference DEM, Open grid.
- Pick the original DEM
- File, Save DEM with the new DEM
last revision 11/7/2013