This window can be accessed:
- When selecting weapons fans or viewsheds
initially from the icon on the map toolbar Weapons
||The following parameters define the viewshed plot:
- Fan Name: optional text to identify individual
- Max range (m): how far out to figure intervisibility.
- Min range: points closer than this are too close for
successful engagement by the sensor. They will be marked as
- Observer/Target ASL or AGL: these can be defined above
the ground or above sea level.
- Viewer AGL (m): height above the ground (in meters)
- Target AGL (m):
height above the ground (in meters) for the viewed objects.
- Right and left boundary: set the limits,
in degrees, for the fan. The fan will start at
the left boundary and progress clockwise to the
right boundary. You can set values to wrap about
north; for instance a left boundary of 270 and a
right boundary of 90 will draw a fan centered
- Max, Min inclination: the upper and lower angular bounds
of the viewer. This should only be used for a sensor like a
radar that can only look up or down a specified amount.
- Report coverage: reports the percentage of the fan area
that is visible.
- Graph coverage: (Only applies to a series of fans)
- Save radials:
must use a radial lines algorithm.
- Use Veg grid: only enabled if a
- Color & algorithm:
brings up a second form from which
you can select the Viewshed
- Outline fans and outline color:
- Range units
- Opacity: used to draw
fans. Can be modified here and on the map
overlay manager. All fans share the same value.
- Fan selection
- Single: each fan is drawn as you select
- Multiple (ask): you will enter parameters for each fan, but they
will only be drawn when requested
- Multiple (same): all fans will have the same parameters as the
first, but they will only be drawn when
- Path: where fans are stored. By default this is the Windows temp
Many selections also apply to route
observation options which adds another panel with additional options.
Right click on map and pick "Edit fans"
to edit fans after they have been created.
Save and restore fans
Last revision 12/8/2011