Click on record (enable edits first),
- "Edit point location graphical" to reposition sensor.
Insure map displays enough detail to accurately
place sensor. You might want to zoom in to the immediate vicinity
of the sensor.
- Recolor fan: changes "VIS_COLOR" field in the database, recolors
fan and saves recolored fan.
button menu (must enable edits first):
- Color, recolor all fans:
changes "VIS_COLOR" field in
the database, recolors
fans and saves them.
Plot button menu: gives only the fan edit
plot menu options.
- Plot fan locations
- Label sensors
- Quick filters
- Enable all options: lets you have all options on the
Plot button menu
|Standard DB toolbar on top.
Viewshed toolbar: some options work with the current sensor,
indicated with the arrow in the grid.
Compute fan coverage of a target
LOS--interactively change look
direction, and compute parameters along each radial.
- Perspective--view from the sensor
- Required antenna height
from current sensor location.
- HL (Highlight): shows current fan in a different color on the map.
You must pick the fan in the table, and then click. If you pick
the HL checkbox to the right, the highlight will be immediate when you
select the fan in the table.
- Composite: coverage of all fans
- Multiple coverage: colored by number of sensors covering
each point. Currently not documented.
- Pick sensors: toggle sensors on and off (the USE field in the
database) by picking them by name. You will also see the COVERS value.
- Recolor: change color of composite fans temporarily. To make
permanent changes, use edit options.
- Save filtered sensor list
- Clear: clear out fans (they will have to be recomputed for the next
- Slider bar sets opacity of viewshed layer
- KML: export fans as KML
- Params: change the fan parameters for all fans.
Key Fields in Fans database:
- COVERS: percentage of area within fan that is visible.
Considers left and right limits, and minimum and maximum
ranges. The larger the value, the less the sensor is blocked by
- TARGET: percentage of target region that is visible. Only computed when you
Compute fan coverage. If you only
want to cover a target, this is the number to look at.
- USE: if "Y", the sensor location is currently used for composite fan
- IMAGE: name of the saved fan image.
Last revision 4/18/20171