Install Android ianMICRODEM
Download the APK file, and install
- Get and install a file manager.
When you install, you will probably have to give permission to install APK
files from non-standard locations.
- Download the ianMD APK from the web, or copy it via USB from your PC.
It goes into "This PC\XT1060\Internal storage\Download" as viewed from your
- Open the file manager, and install the ianMD apk. Tap on the icon to
install; right click does not work.
- Create accessible data files
- Launch ianMD. The options are currently limited, but we are
Run the program once to create the necessary directories. You must do
this to have the correct location to put data files.
Download some data (samples to get you started are here), and place in the
Run the program again, and you should be able to open the data. You can
currently only access data that was present when the program opens.
mpMICRODEM main page.
Program Directories. The program should create these
the first time you run it; if not:
- From Windows Explorer, go to the storage on the Android (e.g.
"This PC\Nexus 7\Internal storage"). This can be tricky; the
Android can be connected as a camera (see just the pictures) or a media
device (see all folders). The setting depends on both the Android
device and your PC, and maybe the OS version.
- From a file manager on you Android, go to the root directory.
- Create a "microdem" directory (case matters, this is Android).
If you have previously installed the APK, it should be present.
- Make subdirectories "dems", "images", "logs", "ini", and "temp"
under "microdem". Case matters.
- Your actual program will be somewhere else, which you might not be
able to see.
Download data files for use
- Download from PC via USB, which is the best and easiest solution
- Copy DEMs to "This PC\Nexus 7\Internal storage\microdem\dems"; you must use one of the allowed formats
- Copy Imagery to "This PC\Nexus 7\Internal storage\microdem\imagess"; you must use one of the allowed formats
Last Update: 1/20/2018