toolbar load Koppen
climate data. The following fields in the database can provide summary graphs, using
Color code by DB field
option on "Plot"
button menu on database table display
- MAX_T: the maximum of the average monthly mean temperatures. This
generally occurs in the summer, although there are exceptions.
- MIN_T: the minimum of the average monthly mean temperatures. This generally
occurs in the summer, although there are exceptions.
- WARM_MON: the month with MAX_T, 1 (Jan) to 12 (Dec)
- COLD_MON: the month with MIN_T, 1 (Jan) to 12 (Dec)
- RANGE_T: the difference between MAX_T and MIN_T, or the annual range in
- PRECIP_TOT: total precipitation, in cm
- PRECIP_WIN: total winter precipitation, in cm. Winter is months 10-3
in the northern hemisphere, and 4-8 in the southern.
- PRECIP_SUM: total summer precipitation, in cm. Summer is months 10-3
in the southern hemisphere, and 4-8 in the northern.
- N_WARM_MON: number of warm months (average temperature above 10°C)
- N_DRY_MON: number of dry months (rainfall less than 6.1 cm)
- There are also monthly average temperatures, monthly precipitation, and
for some stations, the average monthly minimum and maximum temperatures.