Sandy In Class Exercise 1, Spring 2014
We have a data file, from
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/ for hurricane Sandy.
You can do any preparation and initial manipulation of the data file in any
program you want (Excel, Word, or Notepad), but must document those steps.
Produce the following in Matlab:
- Sticks/tadpole plot of the Wind speed for the data set. Since we
do not have wind direction, so something quick and dirty to get a plot.
- A table with the wind speeds above75 knots and the barometric pressure
below 975, showing the date,
time, and the wind speed and barometric pressure.
- Two different diagrams showing the correlation between wind speed and barometric
with the computed correlation coefficient.
Deliverables, a single Word file:
- Paste the graphics and table into Word, and correctly label
them for a technical report.
- Append your m-file. Insure that you have comments on
what data processing was required before you entered the data
into Matlab, what you did about the missing data, and why you
selected that approach.