SO503 In Class Exercise 1, Spring 2017
We have two data files. They were downloaded from
Station 44013, and subset so that the data covered only the first 12 days,
14 hours, and 50 minutes of February 2017. Times are GMT=UTC.
Produce the following in Matlab:
- Sticks/tadpole plot of the observed winds from both data sets
- Correlations of the wind speed with atmospheric pressure and air
temperature, both as a number and with graphs to show the results visually.
- Graphs shows the wind speed and barometeric pressure over time,
presented so they can be compared.
- A table with the wind speeds above 18 m/s (64.8 km per hour), showing the date, wind speed,
wind direction, and barometric pressure, from the hourly data.
- Paste the graphics and table into Word
- Acknowledgments section regretting that this is entirely your own work,
and that you miss the help of your classmates
- Paste you m-file into Word.
- Appendix lisitng the edits you had to make to the data files before you
can use your m file. This should enable another person to download
data from another station and use your code to replicate your work.
If you have to, make and document any assumptions you need to proceed.
||Wind speed vs press, r and plot
||Wind speed vs temp, r and plot
||Time vs wind speed and press
||Data manipulations required