Dr. Ryan M. Wilson
Tel: +1 410 293 6692
Office: Chauvenet Hall 289
- Ph.D. in Physics, Dec. 2011
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- Thesis: "Manifestations of the Roton in Dipolar Bose-Einstein Condensates"
- Advisor: John L. Bohn
- B.S. in Physics & Applied Mathematics, May 2006
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Ordering and collective behavior in quantum systems
- Novel phases of ultracold matter
- Non-equilibrium phases and phase transitions
- Metrological applications of quantum systems
- Assistant Professor, U.S. Naval Academy (Aug. 2014 - present)
- KITP Scholar, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics (2015-2017, extended through 2018)
- Guest Researcher, NIST (Aug. 2014 - present)
- NRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow, NIST (Aug. 2012 - July 2014)
I am a member of the Center for HPC Education and Research at the USNA.
We gratefully acknowledge funding from the National Science Foundation.
12/22/17: Our article on excitations of quantum dipolar droplets was published in PRL!
4/17/17: Our article on many-body optical bistabilty was published in PRA!
12/23/16: Our article on looped band structure in BECs was published in PRA!
9/15/16: Our article on the quantum phase diagram of dipolar BECs was published in PRA!
9/1/16: Our article on collective phases of interacting photons was published in PRA!
More on our News page