Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering
Major Jonathan M. Brown
Office: Hopper Hall 256
Education & Training
- B.S. in General Science, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, May 2011.
- M.S. in Applied Physics, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, June 2018.
- Pre-Med Post-Baccalaureate, Science in the Evening Program, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, Fall 2019 - Spring 2020.
- Platoon Commander, Company A, 2d Assault Amphibian Battalion, Camp Lejeune, NC, September 2012-March 2014.
- Assistant Operations Officer, 2d Assault Amphibian Battalion, March 2014-December 2014.
- Aide-de-Camp to Brigadier General Alford, USMC, Assistant Division Commander (ADC), 2D Marine Division, December 2014 – June 2015.
- Divestment Company Commander, Company C, 2d Assault Amphibian Battalion, June 2015 – September 2015.
- Battalion Logistics Officer, 2d Assault Amphibian Battalion, September 2015 – June 2016.
- Student, Applied Physics Program, Naval Postgraduate School, June 2016 – June 2018.
- Instructor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, June 2018 – Present.
Honors and Awards
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Navy Meritorious Unit Citation
- Distinguished graduate from Expeditionary Warfare School Distance Education Program
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory Award for Excellence in Applied Physics Research
- J. Brown, et al., “Hollow-microsphere composite offers depth-independent superior thermal insulation for diver suits,” Materials Research Express, vol. 6, no. 5, Feb. 2019.