Strategic Initiative: Broaden Midshipmen Academic Opportunities
Provide an annual source of funding to support research efforts, as well as presentation
and travel opportunities for midshipmen enrolled in research courses or honors courses.
Project: Research Funding for Midshipmen
- Identify an annual source of funding to support the research (supplies,
software, data sets, equipment, copying expenses, etc.) of midshipmen
enrolled in independent research or honors courses. This
account could also be identified as the funding source for the travel expenses
of midshipmen interviewing for selected post-graduate scholarships.
- Fund will be administered by the Director of Research &
Scholarship via the Research Office.
- Provides a constant, dependable source of funding.
- Eliminates the current ad-hoc approach to finding a funding source
for a worthy endeavor.
- long-range planning of opportunities for the midshipmen
- advertisement of the availability of a known funding source as faculty and
midshipmen consider research projects
- funds identified in departments for other needs to remain as identified,
rather than being diverted to the un-funded research project or honors
- Achieves parity with presently funded student projects
Executive Sponsor: Academic Dean and Provost
Back to Broaden Midshipmen Academic Opportunities