Strategic Initiative: Oral and Written Communications Excellence
Provide funding continuity for this important resource.
Project: Establish the Writing Center as a Named and Endowed Resource with Funding
for Full Staffing
- Create an endowment that will fund salaries of part-time tutors
in the Writing Center.
- Part-time tutors, easily hired from area universities, will
enable the Writing Center to serve midshipmen better and to
accomplish the strategic goal of making them "highly effective
- Create an endowment of $500-700K to generate annual funding for
four tutors at $20/hr.
- Provide part-time tutors in the Writing Center during the high-use
times of the semester, when full-time Writing Center staff is overtaxed.
- Provide more online tutors and tutors in Nimitz Library so that
midshipmen can make use of services in the evening.
- Ensure that no student who needs writing help is turned away.
Executive Sponsor: Academic Dean and Provost
Back to Oral and Written Communications Excellence