I am a professor in the Mathematics Department at the United States Naval Academy. My professional interests are in the study of Finite Element Methods and Numerical Simulation of Newtonian and Viscoelastic fluid flow as well as the study of gas diffusion in nanocomposite films.
Below are papers that I have authored:
- With N.A. Malamataris, I. Sarris, D. Pazis, A comprehensive study of the onset of boundary layer separation in the unbounded flow around a circular cylinder, Physics of Fluids 34, 103607 (2022) doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0101413
- With N.A. Malamataris, Three dimensional, laminar flow past a short, surface mounted cylinder, AIAA Journal, 2016; 54, p. 2310-2321, DOI:10.2514/1.J054684
- With N.A. Malamataris, Topological study of steady state, three dimensional flow over a backward facing step, Computers and Fluids, 2015; 118, p. 1-18, DOI: 10.1016/j.compfluid.2015.05.019
- With N.A. Malamataris, Direct numerical simulation of steady state, three dimensional, laminar flow around a wall mounted cube, Physics of Fluids, 2014; 26, DOI:1063/1.4876176
- With A. Caglar, Weak Imposition of Boundary Conditions for the Navier-Stokes Equations by a Penalty Method, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 2008; 61,(4), p. 411-431.
- With V. John, Time dependent flow across a step with slip with friction boundary condition, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 2006; 50, p. 713-731.
- With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, A 3-dimensional simulation of barrier properties of nanocomposite films, Journal of Membrane Science, 2005; 263, p. 47-56.
- Finite element approximation of viscoelastic fluid flow with slip boundary condition, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 2005; 49, 2-3, p. 281-294.
- Discretization of the Navier-Stokes equations with slip boundary condition II, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 2004; 48, pp. 1153-1166.
- With H.K. Lee, Two-level finite element discretization of viscoelastic fluid flow, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2003; 192, 44-46, p. 4965-4979.
- With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, A 3D Simulation Study of Barrier Properties of Nanocomposite Films, Proceedings of the Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers, Vol. 2, p.2100-2104, SessionT11- Composite Process Simulation & Modeling, Nashville, TN, May 4-8, 2003
- With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, Nanocomposite modeling and simulation, Proceedings of the Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers, p. 3582, Session T46-Polymer Modifiers and Additives, San Francisco, CA, May 5-8, 2002.
- Discretization of the Navier-Stokes equations with slip boundary condition, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, 2001; 17, p. 26-42.
- Weak imposition of boundary conditions in the Stokes problem, Technical Report.
"Material contained herein is made available for the purpose of peer review and discussion and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of the Navy or the Department of Defense."