U.S. Naval Academy
Annapolis, MD 21402
I am a professor in the Mathematics Department at the United States Naval Academy. My professional interests are in the study of Finite Element
Methods and Numerical Simulation of Newtonian and Viscoelastic
fluid flow as well as the study of gas diffusion in nanocomposite films. Currently I am working on simulations of three dimensional, turbulent flow past a submarine, i.e. the DARPA suboff problem.
Below are papers that I have authored:
- With N.A. Malamataris, I. Sarris, D. Pazis, Direct computation of the onset of separation in the unbounded
flow around a circular cylinder,
2016; under revision
- With N.A. Malamataris, Three dimensional, laminar flow past a short, surface mounted cylinder,
2016; 54, p. 2310-2321, DOI:10.2514/1.J054684
- With N.A. Malamataris, Topological study of steady state, three dimensional flow over a backward
Computers and Fluids,
2015; 118, p. 1-18, DOI: 10.1016/j.compfluid.2015.05.019
- With N.A. Malamataris, Direct numerical simulation of steady state, three dimensional, laminar
flow around a wall mounted cube,
Physics of Fluids,
2014; 26, DOI:1063/1.4876176
- With A. Caglar, Weak Imposition of Boundary Conditions for the Navier-Stokes
Equations by a Penalty Method,
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids,
2008; 61,(4), p. 411-431.
- With V. John, Time dependent flow across a step with slip with
friction boundary condition, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids,
2006; 50, p. 713-731.
- With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, A 3-dimensional simulation of barrier properties of nanocomposite films,
Journal of Membrane Science,
2005; 263, p. 47-56.
- Finite element approximation of viscoelastic fluid flow
with slip boundary condition, Computers and Mathematics with Applications,
2005; 49, 2-3, p. 281-294.
- Discretization of the Navier-Stokes equations with
slip boundary condition II, Computers and Mathematics with Applications,
2004; 48, pp. 1153-1166.
- With H.K. Lee, Two-level finite element discretization of viscoelastic
fluid flow, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering,
2003; 192, 44-46, p. 4965-4979.
With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, A 3D Simulation Study of Barrier
Properties of Nanocomposite Films, Proceedings of the Annual
Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers, Vol. 2,
p.2100-2104, SessionT11- Composite Process Simulation & Modeling, Nashville,
TN, May 4-8, 2003
- With C. Swannack, C. Cox and D. Hirt, Nanocomposite modeling and simulation, Proceedings of the Annual Technical Conference of the
Society of Plastics Engineers, p. 3582, Session T46-Polymer Modifiers and Additives, San Francisco, CA, May 5-8, 2002.
- Discretization of the Navier-Stokes equations with slip boundary condition,
Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations,
2001; 17, p. 26-42.
- Weak imposition of boundary conditions in the Stokes problem,
"Material contained herein is made
available for the purpose of peer review and discussion and does not necessarily
reflect the views of the Department of the Navy or the Department of Defense."
Last modified 2/17/17