GDAL: ADF Grids, SDTS, JPEG2000, ECW, and IMG formats
A number of complex formats cannot be directly read by MICRODEM:
- ADF ESRI grid format. Pick the
"w001001.adf" file (not the "w001001x.adf"
file). An ADF file, like a shapefile, actually contains a
number of files which always have the same names (the directory name is what is unique), and the directory must be kept together. Failure to
do so will cause problems.
- JPEG2000 (JP2) compressed file; pick the JP2 file.
- ECW wavelet compression format for imagery.
- IMG grid format from ESRI.
- USGS SDTS
- NetCDF (for complex files, import might be problematic)
- Tiled Geotiff.
Other options implemented with GDAL
- Subset TIFF imagery, keeping multiband
- Merge imagery
To read these formats, you need GDAL:
- Newer capabilities (such as import
of geospatial PDF, GeoPDF and NetCDF) are available with GDAL from
- FWTools was the precursor of GDAL, but has not been recently updated, and
can not perform some of these operations.
You must indicate where
the GDAL binary directory exists. By default this should be 'C:\OSGeo4W64\bin'.
MICRODEM creates a command line
or batch file.
-of Gtiff mola128_clon0\w001001.adf mola128_clon0.tif".
This command will be written to the debug log. If there are problems, you can copy that
command into a CMD window, and see the error messages to try to debug the
last revised 3/4/2018