#039-16 Naval Academy to Present Bancroft Award to Ambassador Ryan Crocker
POSTED ON: Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:19 PM by email@example.com
Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Adm. Ted Carter will present the Bancroft Award for Exceptional Leadership Achievement to Ambassador Ryan Crocker, former U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan and Iraq, Monday, Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in Alumni Hall at the Academy.
- After the award presentation, Ambassador Crocker will address faculty, staff and the Brigade of Midshipmen, and take questions from midshipmen immediately following his lecture.
- Media seeking to cover this event should contact USNA Public Affairs by 3 p.m. Monday, Oct. 3 and plan to arrive at the Naval Academy at 6:45 p.m. More instructions will be given upon RSVP.
Info about the Award:
- The Academy initiated the Bancroft Award to recognize accomplished leaders who are not Naval Academy graduates and, through their personal sacrifice, unremitting determination, extraordinary vision and unwavering integrity, have made substantial contributions to the United States and who exemplify a lifelong commitment to excellence, as modeled by former Secretary of the Navy George Bancroft. Recipients will be lasting role models for current and future naval officers who are called to live lives of honor, courage and commitment.
- Bancroft, a preeminent historian and statesman, established the U.S. Naval Academy in 1845.
- The recipient was selected by a selection committee comprised of USNA leadership.
- This award was established in 2014 and this is the first time the award is being given. The intent is for the award to be given once during each superintendent’s tenure at the Naval Academy.
- The award is a bronze statue of George Bancroft that stands approximately 10” tall.
Category: Press Releases