Please visit the USNA Coronavirus Guidance Site for the most up-to-date information. Supplemental information regarding the academic program will be posted here. An Intranet site to capture COVID-19 Updates has been established for the AcDean Cost Center and can be viewed here.
- See AcDeanNote 1531.2 (Intranet link) for more information about the semester.
- See AcDeanNote 1531.20 (Intranet link) for COVID procedures for administering paper exams
is providing increased support for faculty and staff, especially regarding online/remote teaching & learning and related pedagogy.
is providing special services to support our midshipmen learning in the modified educational environment.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to ensure that graduates are able to think critically,
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.