Faculty Information & Resources
Our faculty is an integrated group of nearly 600 officers and civilians in roughly equal numbers. This composition is unique among service
Officers typically rotate to the Academy for two-to-three-year assignments, bringing fresh ideas and experiences from operational units of the Navy and Marine Corps. They can also explain how studies at the Academy apply in the fleet and the field. A cadre of officer faculty with doctorates adds another dimension to the teaching staff as Permanent Military Professors.
The Academy’s civilian faculty members give continuity and further scholarly depth to the educational program and form a core of professional scholarship and teaching experience. All career civilian faculty members have doctoral degrees, and many of them are leading scholars in their fields. Working together, our military and civilian instructors form one of the strongest and most dedicated teaching faculties of any college or university in the United States.
Faculty Performance Expectations
- Faculty Performance Expectations: Practical Guidance
- Dean's Annual Letter (a.k.a. "The Epistle")
- Annual Performance Evaluation Forms
- Civilian Employee Benefits
- Equal Employment Opportunity Office Intranet EEO Office Main Line x3558
- Command Climate Specialist Website
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) Website
- From Knowledge, Sea Power Trifold
- New faculty orientation for AY2019 will be held Wednesday through Friday, 1-3 August 2018. Inquiries should be directed to CDR Richard Downey (410-293-6652, email@example.com).
- New Faculty Department Check List
Inquiries about faculty positions at the Naval Academy may be directed by email