NAVAL ACADEMY ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY GATE HOURS DURING REPAIRS
POSTED ON: Monday, August 19, 2019 5:01 PM by email@example.com
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Access to the Naval Academy will be modified beginning Tuesday, Aug. 20, while the storm water system on Bowyer Road near Gate 8 undergoes repairs.
The construction and revised gate schedule may cause minor traffic delays on Maryland Route 450 between Taylor Avenue and the Naval Academy Bridge, and along King George Street in Annapolis. USNA Public Works Department will be monitoring traffic flow over the construction period and will make necessary changes to minimize impacts. The project is expected to take 3-4 weeks for completion.
The following is the revised gate schedule to begin Tuesday, Aug. 20:
Gate 8 (located on MD Route 450 at Bowyer Road):
- Open to inbound vehicular traffic 24/7.
- Open to outbound vehicular traffic at all times, except 7- 9 a.m., Monday- Friday.
- Between 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Gate 8 traffic will be single lane use and directed by a flagger.
- From 4 p.m.- 7 a.m., the gate will operate under normal traffic patterns and the road will be plated in the area of the repairs.
Gate 6 (located at King George Street nearest Max Bishop Baseball Stadium):
- Open only to outbound vehicular traffic 7 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday- Friday.
- Closed at all times to inbound traffic.
- Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Gate 3 (located at end of Maryland Avenue):
- Closed to vehicular traffic at all times from Tuesday, Aug. 20 until completion of repairs.
- Open to pedestrians Saturdays 6 a.m.- 10 p.m. and Sundays 6 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Open to pedestrians with appropriate DoD credentials 24/7, by use of turnstile gate (with CAC reader).
For more information about the U.S. Naval Academy visit, www.usna.edu or visit our Facebook page.
Category: Press Releases, General Interest