Department of Leadership, Ethics, and Law
- Eberle, C. (2011). Consensus, convergence, and religiously justified coercion, Public Affairs Quarterly, 25, 281-304.
- Eberle, C. (September, 2011). Religion, politics, and war: Pluralism, Conflict and Co-Existence: Religion, Politics and Society in Western Europe from the Confessional Age to the Present, Papers delivered at Yale University.
- Eberle, C. (2012). Shari'a reasoning and the justice of religious war. Philosophia.
- Eberle, C. (2012). Religion in public life, in G. Gaus & F. D'Agostino (Eds.) The Routledge Companion to Social and Political Philosophy, London: Routledge.
- Johnson, W. B., & Barnett, J. E., Elman, N., Forrest, L., & Kaslow, N. (2012). The competent community: Toward a vital reformulation of professional ethics. American Psychologist, 67.
- Johnson, W. B. & Koocher, G. P. (2011). Ethical Conundrums, Quandaries and Predicaments in Mental Health Practice: A Casebook from the Files of Experts. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Johnson, W. B. & Ridley, C. R. (2008). The elements of mentoring (revised and updated edition). New York: Palgrave-MacMillan.
- Leonard, R. & Toth, J. (Fall 2012). Failure to Report: The Right Against Self-Incrimination and The Navy’s Treatment of Civilian Arrests after United States v. Serianne, 213 Mil. L. Rev 1.
Norton, M.A. (2018). The relation of trust in leaders to reporting unethical conduct: A factorialvignette study, Res Militaris, an online social science journal, vol.8, n°1.
- Phillips, K. G. (2013). Unpacking Cyberwar: The Sufficiency of the Law of Armed Conflict in the Cyber Domain. Joint Forces Quarterly, issue 70, 3rd quarter, 2013.
- Rosenstein J. (2018). Sexual assault and sexual harassment at the US military service academies. Military Psychology (3), 206-218.
- Skerker, M. (2012). An empirical re-framing of the moral equality of combatants question. San Diego, CA: ISME Conference.
- Skerker, M. (2011). The Rights of irregular combatants. Defense Intelligence Journal 2, 35-49
- Skerker, M. (2011) Should a captured bin Laden be mirandized? Annapolis, MD: McCain Conference.
- Skerker, M. (2010). An ethics of interrogation. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- Smith, D. (2011). Role Transitions of Women in Dual Career Couples: A Life Course Perspective. Women's Research & Education Institute (WREI) Women in the Military at the Crossroads Ninth Conference on Women in the Military, Arlington, VA.
- Smith, D. (2011). Changing Family Norms: Dual Military Couples Navigating Institutional Structures. International Biennial Meetings of the Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces & Society, Chicago, IL.
- Smith, D. & Huey, W. (2011). It is for us the living…Toward a Service-Warrior Ethos. 11th Biennial Conference of European Research Group on Military and Society (ERGOMAS), Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Smith, D. (2011). It's About Priorities: Adaptation Strategies of Dual Military Couples. 11th Biennial Conference of European Research Group on Military and Society (ERGOMAS), Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Smith, D. (2011). Developing Pathways to Families Serving Together: Dual Military Couples' Life Course and Decision-making. Joint Women's Leadership Symposium, San Diego, CA.
- Smith, D. (2010). Families Serving Together: Military Family Life Course and Decision-making of Dual Military Couples. 80th Annual Meeting of the Eastern Sociological Society, Boston, MA.
- Thomas, J., & Trainor, S. C. (2011). Experiential leadership development: The U.S. Naval Academy approach." Concepts and Connections: A Publication for Leadership Educators, 18 (1), 5-8.
- Wallace, D. (2018). Personality Consistency and Situational Influences on Behavior. Journal of Management.